Temporary Driver Hire
The Driver Hire Uxbridge team can source temporary staff in a wide range of logistics roles to meet your recruitment needs, whatever the situation. Your company may have been left understaffed due to unexpected issues or last-minute absences, so you need a temporary worker to fill the gap. Perhaps you are experiencing a particularly busy period and could use an extra pair of hands to help teams keep up in the short term. Or, maybe you know that you are approaching an especially hectic season (e.g. Christmas or summer) and want to be completely prepared with a full team of drivers or other logistics staff to meet demand.
Temporary staff are ideal for companies that perhaps have a permanent team of workers, but need some extra staff to fill in or provide support for a set period of time. You may have delivery dates, for example, that you will not be able to meet without hiring more drivers, but you do not want to employ people in permanent positions, as this might not be a cost-effective option once business returns to normal. When temporary recruitment is properly managed (as it is at Driver Hire Uxbridge), it is a flexible and cost-effective way of hiring, enabling companies to bring in qualified drivers and staff as and when they are needed.
A full range of drivers and logistics staff
Our network of highly trained professionals spans a number of different job types, including:
- Drivers: From temporary Cat C+E and Cat C heavy goods vehicle (HGV) drivers and public service vehicle (PSV) drivers to drivers for large goods vehicles (LGVs), vans, cars and forklifts, we can source qualified staff for nearly all vehicle classifications.
- Specialist drivers: While we are specialists in HIAB (loader crane) work, we also find temporary drivers for multi-drop jobs and positions requiring an International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) licence or an ADR certificate.
- Logistics staff: As well as being experts in sourcing drivers, we have a wide-ranging network of driver mates, warehouse operatives, pickers and packers.
- Public sector workers: We help the public sector find qualified, reliable and fully checked staff for a range of logistics roles, including waste disposal.
- Clerical staff: We have a range of customer service officers, transport clerks and data entry professionals available for temporary positions.
Quick, easy and reliable recruitment
We know that, when you are in urgent need of a driver (perhaps because an employee has called in sick), you need to find a reliable stand-in quickly and efficiently. Driver Hire Uxbridge can answer the phone 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and will call you back within 15 minutes to keep you updated on filling your requirement. All you have to do is give us a job brief and specification, and we will take care of sourcing and briefing candidates, in line with your policies and practices. Upon the worker’s completion of the assignment, we will carry out a thorough appraisal of their performance.
If you would like to find out more about hiring temporary staff with Driver Hire Uxbridge, contact us today.